Please note: the deadline for submitting a project to CineMart was 1 September 2013. The 31st CineMart will take place from 26 January to 29 January 2014.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
STEP 1: Please first read the regulations below.
STEP 2: Fill out the CineMart online entry form via MyIFFR.
- Please note: the deadline for submitting a project to CineMart was 1 September 2013.
- The application form will be available 1 week before the deadline.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Application materials and subtitles should be in English.
- The selection to CineMart is done in two phases:
1. a pre-selection of projects is made on the basis of the application forms.
2. pre-selected projects are invited to submit additional documentation for consideration
- Applications can only be submitted more than once when specifically invited to do so.
- The selection committee's decisions can not be appealed.
CineMart has no rigid rules and each individual project will be considered on its own merits. There are certain limits to the field in which CineMart operates:
- The main criteria for selection are the viability and quality of the plans and the demonstrable talent of the directors and/or producers.
- Projects should be new or recent and not have explored all possible avenues of financing yet.
- Projects should not have been presented at any other market or festival, except when linked to one of CineMart's partnering organisations.
- The project should be for a feature film with theatrical potential (minimum length of 60 minutes)
- The project can be in different stages of development, but a complete screenplay should be available during CineMart;
- The project can be from all parts of the world. During the making of the final selection a geographical spreading will be taken into account.
- There should be a potential international market for the project.
- The total budget of the film should not exceed 6 million euros.
A reference of films and projects that were selected for previous CineMart selections can be found here
There is no entry fee for applications.
- Once a project has been selected, at least one representative should be present during the four days of CineMart (26 January - 31 January 2014). CineMart offers one hotelroom for the duration of the market
- Finished film projects sprung from the CineMart meetings should mention CineMart or display its logo in their credits. Preferably, the following sentence should be mentioned in the credit list: "[film title] has been presented at CineMart of the International Film Festival Rotterdam". The CineMart logo will be sent to the makers or editors upon request.
STEP 2: The CineMart Online Entry Form (via MyIFFR)
Please follow the steps of the application procedure.
The chance of making successful contacts during CineMart is increased by a clear presentation of your project and a concrete description of what support or participation you seek for your project.
If you encounter any questions while preparing your application, please refer to our FAQ.
For more detailed information, please contact:
International Film Festival Rotterdam
Phone: +31 10 8909090
Fax: +31 10 8909091