The twelve-day International Film Festival Rotterdam celebrates worldwide independent, innovative and experimental filmmaking and film-related arts. The festival receives hundreds of filmmakers each year and as many as 3.000 film industry representatives.
The film festival in Rotterdam is the essential hub for discovering film talent, catching the first buzz on the many world and international premières that take place here, and exploring a quality selection of hundreds of recent feature films, short films and documentaries. The festival programme includes competitions and sections for features and documentaries as well as short films, cutting-edge sections on film-related arts and audiovisual culture, debates and arts exhibitions. Through its Hubert Bals Fund and CineMart, the festival is actively supporting filmmakers to realize their film projects.
An IFFR press accreditation provides:
First-time press accreditations:
- Access to numerous festival activities and main events
- Access to Press & Industry screenings
- Access to the Video Library
- Free admission to public screenings
- Free use of all Press services
If you wish to be accredited as press at IFFR for the first time
, read on here
If you have visited IFFR as accredited press before and the Press Office has pertinent reasons for a renewed accreditation, you will receive an email in November 2014 with an invitation to attend International Film Festival Rotterdam again. Please keep us updated via firstname.lastname@example.org
on any alterations in your affiliation and/or address in order to receive your accreditation form in time and at the appropriate address.
Tips for planning your attendance:
- Opening Night screenings: Wednesday 21 January (by invite only)
- Press & Industry Screenings: Thursday 22 January - Thursday 29 January
- Public Screenings: Thursday 22 January - Saturday 31 January
- 32nd CineMart: Sunday 25 January - Wednesday 28 January
- Awards Night of the Tiger Awards Competition for Short Films: Sunday 25 January
- IFFR's Awards Night (Hivos Tiger Awards, The Big Screen Award, NETPAC, FIPRESCI, and KNF Awards): Friday 30 January
- The Audience Award and the Dioraphte Award for Best Hubert Bals Fund-supported festival film are announced prior to the screening of the Closing Night Film and Closing Night Party: Saturday 31 January
The full programme schedule of the 44th IFFR can be found on our website from Wednesday 14 January.