International Film Festival Rotterdam welcomes journalists and media representatives and invites them to cover the festival.
The press accreditation period
for the 43rd IFFR 2014 (22 January - 2 February 2014) starts 15 October 2013 and ends 31 December 2013
The twelve-day International Film Festival Rotterdam celebrates worldwide independent, innovative and experimental filmmaking and film-related arts. The festival receives hundreds of filmmakers each year and as many as 3.000 film industry representatives. The film festival in Rotterdam is the essential hub for discovering film talent, catching the first buzz on the many world and international premières that take place here, and exploring a quality selection of hundreds of recent feature films, short films and documentaries.
The festival programme includes competitions and sections for features and documentaries as well as short films, cutting-edge sections on film-related arts and audiovisual culture, debates and arts exhibitions. Through its Hubert Bals Fund and CineMart, the festival is actively supporting filmmakers to realize their film projects.
The Press accreditation applies to journalists and media representatives actively seeking coverage of the festival and provides:
- Access to festival activities and main events;
- Free admission to public screenings;
- Access to Press & Industry screenings and the Video Library;
- Access to and free use of all Press Desk services
- Accredited journalists are asked to announce and report on the festival in their affiliations.
- The Press Office asks you to send printed or audiovisual proof(s) of your IFFR 2013 coverage after publication as soon as possible.
- Renewals of accreditation are based, in part, on the reception of your coverage.
- IFFR does not provide airfare.
- Press accreditation to the International Film Festival Rotterdam is entirely to the discretion of the Press Office.
- Requests for press accreditation received after 31 December 2013 will not be proceeded.
- Accreditation fee: €50 to be paid in cash or by credit card when you pick up your press badge at the Accreditation Desk.
Planning your attendance:
First time press accreditations:
- Opening Night screenings on Wednesday 22 January are by invite only.
- Regular public screenings programme: to be announced.
- Press & Industry Screenings: to be announced.
- Competition Awards Night on Friday 31 January.
If you wish to be accredited as press at IFFR for the first time
, read on here
If you have been accredited as IFFR press before, read on here
Information may be subject to change